Join The Fight Against Blood Cancers!
Donate to the Blood Cancer Research Fund
The BCRF continues to make numerous contributions to blood cancer research and cancer in general:
- Discovery of the how Zap-70, an intracellular protein, that can be used as a useful prognostic factor in determining the aggressiveness of CLL.
- The first laboratory to understand the microenvironment of leukemic cells and how the “nurse-like” cells support them.
- Leadership of the national consortium of 7 prestigious universities studying the causes and treatment of CLL. Member scientists are among the most prominent investigators in the field.
- Conducted the first-in-human gene therapy trials
- Intra-Nodal Gene therapy trials (expanding to multi-site injections)
- Key member of the researchers involved in familial cancer research
- Principal investigators of a new breakthrough research effort using nanotechnology in the early diagnosis and treatment of early stage cancers.
Donations to Blood Cancer Research Fund:
There are three options for donating to the Blood Cancer Research Fund:
- Make a secure on-line donation by clicking here
- For using regular mail you can download and print the the Download the BCRF Brochure
- Request a brochure by contacting the BCRF administrator
- Gifts should be mailed to:
UC San Diego, Moores Cancer Center
Office of Philanthropy
ATTN: Blood Cancer Research Fund (F-3133)
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0853
La Jolla, CA 92093-0853
Please make check payable to UC San Diego Foundation, designated for Blood Cancer Research Fund (F-3133) for Dr. Thomas Kipps. UC San Diego Foundation Tax ID is 95-2872494